Homeopathy – Growing Older – with Ease
It is a delight to support an elderly person or couple and to help them to remain as independent as possible and to enjoy quality of life in their own way. The ideal older age should be a time of relaxation, enjoyment and contented reflection of a life, well lived – but sadly this sometimes isn’t achieved.
Homeopathy can work alongside conventional medication where needed and indeed often lessens the need for some drugs such as pain killers, sleeping pills etc. Homeopathy may be able to assist with unpleasant side effects, so that essential drugs are more tolerable.
We must all accept the results of life’s wear and tear and the things that cannot be changed, but Homeopathy seeks to improve that which is possible and to make better whatever one can – supporting the individual through every challenge.
For the old and infirm, including those with dementia
Mostly I am called by a relative – to supervise Homeopathic care in their absence, or alongside them, as an agreed arrangement either in a care home, or in their own home if clinic visits are inappropriate. This usually works very well with regular updates being given on their general well-being etc. and good liaison between care and medical staff, myself and the relative. Sometimes the care is palliative and sometimes it involves end of life care.
Who sees a Homeopath?
Older people who have been diagnosed with the following conditions:-
- Anemia and blood conditions
- Anxiety and Depression
- Arthritis (Osteo and Rheumatoid),
- Bone disorders (brittle, slow to heal, overgrowth, pains etc.)
- Chest infections
- Colds and Flu
- Chronic pain
- Dementia (Alzheimer’s etc.)
- Grief, Emotional shock,
- Infections, chronic and recurrent
- Itchy skin
- Joint problems (rheumatism, gout, sprains and strains, stiffness etc.)
- Memory loss, Confusion,
- Post operation care
- Sores (slow to heal e.g. ulcers and bed sores etc)
- Skin conditions, psoriasis, thinning, sensitive skin etc.
- Vascular system, varicose etc